Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I am the Cat Whisperer

So my cats have a love/hate relationship. One is a 22lb manly cat that is just huge, not fat just big. The other cat is a prissy 14lb mamas boy. Both males 1 house = fights. We got them both when they were 7 weeks old so they have grown up together and have always had play fights. Sometime the manly cat gets a bit carried away and bites while the girly cat crys and yells because it hurts him. Finally after a week of 3am fights I couldn't take it anymore and I did what any cat lover looking for an answer would do. I googled it :)

I read this article by a vet that seemed silly but I was willing to try it. He said that I should growl or hiss whenever they fight, that the cat would be so thrown off by the noise coming from his human that he will stop. So after explaining this to my wife, and after her laughing at me I decided I would give it a try. I got home about 5 and the fight started about 6. I let out the best hiss a human can do, and the result....? He stopped dead in his tracks, clinched the floor and looked at me and slowly made his way in my direction til he rubbed my leg purring.

The aftermath....

From the initial fight at 6pm till I left for work at 615am this morning, not one fight and he slept the whole night. So Im pitching my cat whisperer show to Animal Planet later today as I can now speak to the feline.

No comments:

Post a Comment